If you’ve ever said any of these things to yourself, you’re in the right place.
- “I can’t stand the idea of doing this job for the rest of my life.”
- “I want to make stuff that matters and makes people’s lives better.”
- “Being a software developer would be awesome, but I don’t know where to start.”
- “I want to be a developer, but there’s too much conflicting advice.”
I believe that anyone who has the drive and determination can become a professional software developer.
Hullo! I’m Ethan.
I started Learn to be a Developer to help you kill your analysis paralysis and procrastination and finally become a professional software developer…even if you know nothing about programming right now.
- having a life-long career that you’re proud of.
- building apps that are used by millions of people.
- helping to solve big challenges for both small, and large, companies.
- being able to constantly learn and grow your skills for the next 20–30 years.
I’ve been a professional software developer for about 15 years, and I’ve worked in many different companies and industries. I’ve worked with some amazing developers, and not all of them had computer science degrees.
If you want to become a developer, I want to help you become one.
Here’s what to do next: Sign up for my email list and you’ll get all my new articles and posts right to your inbox so you never miss one.
As a bonus, you’ll also get my guide, The First 6 Things Aspiring Developers should Learn about Java.
My guide will show you:
- Why Java is a great first language for aspiring developers so you can get a job at companies like Google, Facebook, or Amazon.
- The programming concepts you need to know as a beginner developer so you can jumpstart your learning and speed up your career switch
- How to dominate the intimidation of learning to code, feel confident in your ability to learn and finally start becoming a developer